Aerobotics (Pty) Ltd. is the owner of the Services and will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
Types of Data You Provide To Us
You control the information you provide to us, and we will always strive to process your information consistently with the purposes for which you’ve engaged us. You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their consent to do so.
Personally Identifiable Information/Data is information that identifies, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with a person. A “person” includes both a natural person and a juristic entity, like a company.
Personally identifiable information does not include:
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to a person specifically; and
- non-personal aggregated and/or statistical information collected and compiled by us.
These are the types of personally identifiable information you provide to us and that we collect:
Identity & contact information: Our Service gives you the ability to register for an account or to create and update a user profile. We collect information that you provide to us in the course of registering for an account or creating or updating a user profile. This information may include, for example, name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and related demographic information about you. Some personal information is required for you to register for the account or to create the profile, and some is optional. If you do not provide information that is required, you may not be able to access some of the Services.
Payment and billing information: when using our paid Services, you will be asked for your billing information, including name and contact information. You might also provide payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services. If you do not provide the payment and billing information that is required, you may not be able to use these paid Services.
Navigational and Usage information: information we collect about your computer/ device and your visits to our website or mobile applications, including your IP address, browser type, geographical location, how long you visit our website and also which pages you visit as well as unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Location Data: We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our Service and to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings, however this will impact our ability to provide you with some parts of the Service.
Interactive Data: Our Service may contain interactive functionality that allows you to engage with other users on the Service, to upload images, map data, telemetry data, location data and other content, participate in surveys, and otherwise to interact with the Service and with other users. If you wish to use any interactive functionality on our Service, you will need to provide us with personal information which we will collect, and failure to provide requested information may result in you not being able to use the interactive functionality.
When you use our Service, some of this information is collected automatically. For example, we automatically collect your browser’s Internet Protocol (IP), your browser type, the nature of the device from which you are visiting the Service (e.g., a personal computer or a mobile device), the identifier for any handheld or mobile device that you may be using, the website that you visited immediately prior to accessing any web-based Service, the actions you take on our Service, and the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Service. We also may collect information regarding your interaction with e-mail messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. If you are a drone pilot or and/or you operate a drone via our Service, we automatically collect, among other information, information identifying the drone, flight path, flight logs and sensor data.
How & Why We Use Your Information
- To provide, operate & maintain our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To address and respond to Service, security, and customer support needs;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- To comply with applicable laws and administrative requests, protect our rights, assert and defend against claims;
- To assess the needs of your business to determine and promote other products or services which we believe may be useful to you;
- To gather analysis or other valuable data so that we can improve our Service;
- To conduct research and analysis for business purposes and product development;
- Training purposes;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- Provide aggregated reports to third parties (these reports do not contain any information which may identify you);
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawfulness, or technical issues; or
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (unless you have opted not to receive such information).
(Please note that you may not request our Services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.)
Retention of Data
We also retain certain data in a depersonalized or aggregated form for legitimate business reasons, eg. to train our models and algorithms and to improve our Service or create new Services. We will also retain and use your personally identifiable data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
When we dispose of personally identifiable information, we aim to use secure means, such as either physically or electronically erasing this information or making it anonymous in a non-recoverable manner. Any personal data provided to our service providers will be retained in accordance with those service providers’ data retention policies, which we make sure are in line with applicable laws.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personally identifiable data may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement/ Legal Requirements
Aerobotics may be required to disclose personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Aerobotics may disclose your personally identifiable information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Aerobotics;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- To protect against legal liability;
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (though this will not affect any processing that has already taken place). Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use, though in some cases this may mean you may no longer be able to use the Services.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We have taken measures to protect your information and that of your staff and customers that you entrust to us. These measures include: (i) encrypting data in transit and data at rest where appropriate; (ii) using trusted access management platforms which allows us to manage employee access to information depending on their roles; (iii) firewalls; (iv) backup and recovery systems.
In the event of a breach involving the security of your personally identifiable information, we will notify the relevant authority. For South Africa this will be the Information Regulator (South Africa) or if you are an EEA member- the supervisory authority in the EU, as well as any parties whose personally identifiable information have been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized party.
This notification will be published without undue delay, and at the latest within seventy-two hours after us having become aware of the security breach. The notification will contain the following information:
- A description of the nature of the breach;
- The categories and number of persons affected by the breach;
- A description of the possible consequences of the security compromise;
- A description of the measures taken or proposed to be taken by Aerobotics to remedy the breach;
- A recommendation of the measures that any affected persons should take in order to mitigate the possible adverse effects of the security compromise;
- The identity of the unauthorized person, if known, who accessed or acquired the personal information; and
- the contact details of the designated representative of Aerobotics where further information can be obtained.
"DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. By using our Service, you consent to these Service Providers having access to your personally identifiable data, to perform these tasks on our behalf. These Service Providers are obligated not to disclose or use this information for any other purpose.
We do not have access to, or control over, the actions of a Service Provider. Each Service Provider uses information that it collects in accordance with its own privacy and security policies.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc.
You can opt-out from Twitter's interest-based ads by following their instructions: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
The payment processors we work with are:
Apple Store In-App Payments
Google Play In-App Payments
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (POPIA)
We subscribe to the principles outlined in POPIA, which governs data processing activities in South Africa. In accordance with POPIA, we ensure that:
- We keep a record of your personally identifiable information and the specific purpose for which we have used it.
- We don’t use your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted/required to do so, by law.
- We don’t use your data in a way that puts you at risk.
- We provide adequate protection for the personally identifiable information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of this information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personally identifiable information remains secure.
Your Data Protection Rights Under POPIA
- You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personally identifiable information.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to Aerobotics processing your personally identifiable information. Please contact us and a member of our team will respond to you.
- You also have the right to complain to the Information Regulator (South Africa) if you feel we are using your personally identifiable information unlawfully. The Information Regulator can be contacted at email@example.com.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Legal Basis for Collecting Your Data Under the GDPR
Aerobotics may process your personally identifiable information because:
- We need to perform Services for you based on a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights;
- For payment processing purposes;
- To comply with the law.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personally identifiable information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personally identifiable information.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly-used format.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Aerobotics relied on your consent to process your personally identifiable information.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personally identifiable information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
If you request that we delete your account with us, we will do so within a reasonable period of time and will notify you once, but we may need to retain some of your personally identifiable information if necessary to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides you with additional rights regarding our use of your personally identifiable information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws.
- We do not sell personally identifiable information;
- You can opt out of our Service at any time;
- You can request the deletion of your personally identifiable information at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- We only use your personally identifiable information for lawful purposes (explained at length above).
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take immediate steps to remove that information from our systems.
South Africa: 16 Napier Street, De Waterkant, Cape Town, 8000
USA: 6060 Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 90045