Flying for Aerobotics
Who is Aerobotics and what do we do?
Aerobotics is an Ag-tech startup focused on providing tree crop protection to farmers through early problem detection and alerts. Our Aeroview platform combines weekly satellite data, drone imagery, and scout information to track farm performance on a per-tree basis, allowing farmers to take a data-driven approach when optimizing the health of their farm.
Our software uses machine learning to identify early-stage problems, automatically detect pests and diseases, and guide farmers to these locations. Farmers validate our algorithms in-field and diagnose the specific problems, ultimately advancing the algorithms’ intelligence and benefiting our grower community.
We need our drone partners to capture and upload the images to our online platform.
What hardware do you need?
|Compatible drones||Compatible multispectral cameras|
|DJI Phantom 4 Pro||MicaSense RedEdge 3|
|DJI Matrice Range (100, 200, 210, 600 Pro)||MicaSense RedEdge M/MX|
|DJI Inspire Range (1 & 2)||MicaSense RedEdge Altum|
Phantom 4 Pro and MicaSense MX integration:
We require data to be collected as follows
- We need the visual and multispectral imagery collected simultaneously in the same flight. That means you need two cameras onboard – a high-resolution visual camera and a multispectral camera.
- The RGB camera has to be a minimum of 15MP as we use the visual images for tree counts.
- The multispectral camera enables us to provide health and per tree analytics to our clients.
- Aerobotics have designed custom mounts that facilitate the drone/sensor integration.
- Our Aerobotics Flight Planner App for DJI has been specifically designed to assist flying using the correct parameters (height, speed, overlap, side lap, etc).
How do you as a Drone Partner fit in?
- Our client will request a drone service for their farm
- Our Drone Operations team will obtain all the necessary information and contact one of our Drone Partners in the area with the information and match the client's drone service request with the Drone Partner.
- Once matched, our Drone Operations team will assign the drone service request to the Drone Partners' profile.
- Once assigned, the Drone Partner will be able to view the farm on their Aerobotics Flight Planner Application as well as the upload link on their Aeroview account page.
- The Drone Partner will make the necessary plans and arrive at the correct farm, on the correct date and time, fly the requested blocks, and keep our Drone Operations team updated.
- Once the collection of images is complete, the Drone Partner will upload the data to our platform using the upload link in their pilot profile.
- Once the upload is complete, the Drone Partner can invoice Aerobotics for the work completed using the allocated Purchase Order number provided by the Drone Operations team.
- Payment of invoices will be paid within 2 weeks of the uploaded date passing quality control checks.
- Where data does not pass quality control and needs to be re-flown due to poor quality or missing imagery, the pilot will be asked to re-fly at their own cost at the next available date.